- Do you offer free consultations?
- Who will be responsible for my treatment?
- How long has the dentist been in business? How long have you been practicing?
- Are they insured?
- Do they have the proper qualifications? Are they a Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD)? Where can I verify them? Contact your local society to confirm if necessary.
- Are you regulated by a professional organization and are you registered with them?
- Where did they receive their education and training?
- Do you specialize in a specific field of dentistry? Where can I verify this information?
- How much experience do they have with the procedure(s) I need?
- How many procedures have you done?
- How often do they attend continuing education courses and conferences? How has the dentist kept abreast of new developments in dentistry?
- How do they approach implant dentistry? What types (brands) of implants and procedures do they use?
- What options are available in regards to the procedure and materials used?
- Do you have any references or testimonials from previous patients?
- Do they have before and after photos of their previous patients?
- Does the clinic offer amenities such as heating pads, TV or music?
- What treatment options do I have?
- Will you give me your recommendations in writing?
- What should I expect during the first appointment? During treatment?
- Are there any side effects or risks associated with the procedure?
- How many appointments will be required?
- How long will the procedure take? Will it look natural? Will there be multiple sessions? What if the treatment is a failure?
- Are the desired results I described realistic?
- Is there an alternative treatment that I should consider as well?
- What is your success rate? Examples of failure? Why did they fail?
- Do you provide any sort of guarantee on your work?
- How much does the procedure cost? What procedures and supplies do these quoted prices include? Compare these numbers to the cost data we have collected.
- Do you make accommodations for people with dental anxiety?
- What types of anesthesia do they offer that they are they certified to use?
- How would the clinic deal with an emergency if serious complications were to arise during the procedure?
- What emergency care services do they provide? Are they available after hours and on weekends?
- What should I expect immediately after the procedure? For example, will I experience pain, swelling or bruising?
- Who can I contact for advice after the treatment?
- What type of care will I need after the treatment?
- What happens if I’m unhappy with the treatment or there are complications after the procedure?
- Who would pay for remedial treatment (corrective treatment) and associated costs?
- What methods of payment do they accept?
- Do they offer payment plans?
- What insurance plans/companies do they accept?
- Do you accept discount dental plans?
LOOKING TO SAVE MONEY ON DENTAL IMPLANTS?
If so, click the green button below to check out the Complete Guide to Getting Dental Treatment Abroad and learn:
- How to find a dentist you can trust
- What costs to take into consideration
- What destinations offer the best value