Please introduce yourself.
We are “Silom Dental Building” the ultimate dental service in Thailand includes every specialized dental treatment, especially Implant Treatment.
Silom Dental Building, Bangkok, Thailand is a specialized dental health provider which has an executive structure similar to a “dental hospital” with a holistic approach to treatment standardization in all areas of dental work.
We draw upon the talents of qualified dentists to offer patient oriented treatment at Silom Dental Building, fully equipped boutique dental clinic that are among the highest standards of technology in Thailand.
While this provides patients with more options for treatment, we also protect you with outstanding Sterilization Methods which ensure the safest possible treatment, that we take pride in our record of strict sterilization system and health care.
SILOM DENTAL BUILDING
(near Rolex shop) 3 Mins. from Chong Nonsi BTS Station S3 Exit 4
439/4 – 5 Naratiwatrajnakarin Rd, Silom, Bangrak 10500 THAILAND.
How long have you been in business?
We have been established since April 2002 which now we have been operating more than 13 years.
How many dental implant procedures have you done? What is your success rate?
We have done Dental Implant Treatment more than 5,000 implants.
Where do most of your patients come from? How do they hear about your clinic?
Most of our patients come from Australia, Europe and UK. They know us by our website, patient’s recommend and clinic’s good reputation.
What procedures do you typically recommend and perform?
We always advise the treatment that most suitable for each patient. However, we normally arrange the first appointment for initial examination, consultation and estimated treatment fee prior to the treatment. **The x-ray and clinical diagnosis are required to determine the final treatment plan.
What type of implants does your clinic use?
There are several Implant Systems we use here.
- Nobel active from Nobel Biocare Company, USA, cost 80,000 THB ($2370 USD) per tooth. It is suitable for soft bone, immediate placement case (put the implant right away after tooth extraction) and inadequate labial bone front teeth. Replace Groovy and Replace Select Taper from Nobel Biocare Company cost 75,000 THB per tooth.
- Nobel shorty from Nobel Biocare Company cost 80,000 THB ($2370 USD) per tooth. It is suitable for lower jaw where you had the bone resorption and there is just a short distance above the mandibular nerve (the main nerve that supply lower jaw)
- ITI from Straumann Company, Switzerland, cost 80,000 THB ($2370 USD) per tooth.
- ITI TE from Straumann Company cost 80,000 THB ($2370 USD) per tooth. With a coronal expanded figure, it is suitable for the compromised bone height situation.
- Osseospeed from Astratech Company, Sweden, cost 75,000 THB ($2219 USD) per tooth. Osseospeed has a special and unique surface helping promote wound healing. This implant system is suitable for the patient who has the underlying disease that delays the bone healing process such as osteoporosis.
- Osstem from Korea cost 55,000 THB ($1627 USD) per tooth.
The provided implant cost includes the crown on top already.
There are 2 kinds of crown on implant as follows:
- Porcelain fuses to metal crown
- All ceramic zirconia crowns
There are also other implant systems that appropriate with different bone situation.
All of the implant we use here are from the global company.
Please give me a summary of the steps in the process of getting an implant at your clinic.
The Process of Getting an Implant:
– X-ray Taking, Examination and Consultation for Treatment Plan with Consultant Dentist – Then see the Specialist for Proper Treatment and Implant Surgery Placement
Can you please provide a quick description of the surgical procedure at your clinic?
- X-ray, Dental Examination and Consultation
- Local Anesthesia is used to eliminate any discomforts at the time of the procedure.
- Then the Surgeon/Specialist will operate/surgical cut the gum, grid the bone and the implant is inserted then covered by the gum.
How much do your procedures cost?
Implant Treatment costs 55,000 – 80,000 THB ($1627 – $2370 USD) per tooth (which you can see the Quotation Details in the above information.)
What payment methods do you accept?
We accept payment by both Cash and Credit Card.
For payments by Credit Card : Visa and Master Card are payable without additional charges. However Amex and Diner payment are required additional 3% charge.
How many trips to Thailand are required?
Implant Treatment normally takes around 2 trips.
First trip is for Implant Surgery Placement which takes about 5 – 7 days treatment duration including follow up period.
Second trip is for Crown on Implant (Prosthesis Part) which takes about 5 – 7 days treatment duration including laboratory process.
There is about 2 – 4 months minimally between first and second trip for implant and bone integration period.
How long is the healing time like for patients who get dental implants? How many surgeries/appointments are required?
It will generally take about 5 – 7 days for wound healing. However, it takes about 2 – 4 months minimally for Implant and Bone Integration period.
What do advise your patients to do if they have a problem with their implant?
We absolutely provide 10 years warranty of Implant Fixture and 2 years warranty of Crown on Implant : Replace or repair at no cost during the validity of warranty period.
What other costs would there be for someone travelling to your clinic from North America?
We also provide the Accommodation/Hotel Reservation (4 – 5 Star Hotel) for foreign patients which cost about 2,000 – 3,000 THB ($59-$89 USD) per night. However, the patients may need to check the cost of Airfare from their preference airway and travelling time frame.
Where do your patients stay while they are getting an implant done?
The patients usually stay at their hotel, or travelling around Bangkok Attractions while getting an Implant with us.
It it safe in Thailand?
It is definitely safe to have Implant Treatment done with us in Thailand as it will be well-performed by the Surgeon/Specialist who is very professional and specialized.
Does a patient need to be able to speak Thai?
No, they don’t. Our Dentist Team and Staff are able to speak English and Chinese fluently.
What is there to do in your city?
Bangkok is a wonderful city where has a lot of fantastic tourist attractions, for example Grand Palace, Beautiful Temples, Floating Market, Chao-Phraya River & Waterway, Interesting Museums, including Modern Department Store and Shopping Mall.
What is the best time of year to travel to Thailand?
You can travel to Thailand all year-round to get the different and unique experiences of each time period.
What are the best places to eat in your area? Where can a patient get authentic Thai cuisine?
We “Silom Dental Building” are located in Business Area in Bangkok so it is very easy to find a good place to eat, especially Authentic Thai Cuisine.
Please note: This interview is for informational purposes only and does not represent a recommendation of the dentist mentioned. All opinions expressed are those of the interviewee.
If you’ve had dental work done by this clinic, please leave a review in the comments!